Monday, July 17, 2006

ghost's layout "Japanische Landschaft"

Speaking of Japanese scene, you know what that brings to mind?

Fujiyama? Tokyo? That's right.

However, they are also non-daily for most of us. Today, I hope to show you an ordinary scene in Japan by my Bahnsim PRO layout titled "Japanische Landschaft." I designed it with a stereotyped suburban city in Japan as theme.


At first, look at the central station. There you can see typical style of railroad junction on main line in Japan. Most of passengers take Shinkansen to a large city on the way to their destination. Then, they switch to regional trains there. That makes you think of relationship between ICE/IC and RE/RZ in Germary, however there is a large difference.


Both ICE/IC and RE/RZ are running on standard gauge; 1,435mm. Shinkansen also runs on standard gauge. But Japanese regional trains; called "Zai-rai-sen" or the conventional lines, run on narrow gauge; 1,067mm. Therefore, most of Shinkansen stations are elevated structure because of a shortage of land. It means that many buildings had already filled along the conventional line when they began to construct Shinkansen line.

Next, look at the left side of the layout. You can also see Japanese typical landscape caused by a shortage of land.


We do not have enough plain field to let a great number of population live there in Japan. In the many case, Japanese railways are constructed along the valley. Even in trackside, they cleared forests and mountains to put up their house. It is rare that trains runs straight railways with a good view through plain fields.


Click here, and you can get a ZIP achive including the layout file.
Even if you do not have Bahnsim PRO, you can watch VRMovie of my Japanische Landschaft.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

In my opinion this is the best layout for BSP so far! Even with the limited objects aviable its great! Thanks!

DocOc

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to hear that. :-)

8:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Willi,

I'm glad that my weblog seems to be a little help for you.

Domain name shows you live in Switzerland. I love Switzerland so much and often visit there. Last autumn I went to Bern, Lausanne, and Grindelwald. At that time, a part of BOB was down because of flood disaster on August, 2005. It has been revived yet? Maybe I will revisit Switzerland next summer or autumn. I would like to get on Glacier Express, but do not decided the detail yet.

Soon I will release my new BSP layout. I'm sure it will make you excited. Just wait a bit.

1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You can make any use of my writing, pictures, and downloadable files for your website. I'm very glad that they will be more useful for German-speaking users by your translating. :-)

This weekend, I have a offline meeting with several VRM users in Japan to talk about how we mix with European users. Our main concern is the way to lead Japanese users to active communication with European people. There we will also talk about your concern; what we can do for encouraging bhv software. Later I will report about that here.

Just now I contributed a comment on bhv BBS. Please give me a little help with my understanding raziela's statement.

3:48 pm  
Blogger ghost said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:30 am  
Blogger ghost said...

That sounds very nice, Willi!!

Well, I have a favor to beg you.
Japanese VRM users have a hunger to know how European people feel our activities, especially our layout, screenshots, and movies. Please write some reviews of them in addition to the translation of my articles.
You can write in your own language. I will make the translation and introduce to my colleague. That will encourage Japanese VRM users for their next activities.

I will also lead them to access your website directly. Wait a little bit. At first I have to break ice in their mind; general Japanese people are afraid of the communication with foreign people without reason.

Best regards,

1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home